Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Vicki attended the Band Banquet at Magnolia West this past weekend - she and Gage had an absolutely enjoyable evening...

Victoria's sporting a lovely dress (don't remember the pattern number, but it's a simplicity pattern) - I managed to get it sewn the day of the banquet - and talk about pushing the time limit! (I might mention the fact that simplicity really FAILED on this pattern - it's NOT as simple as it could be... I'll be making some revisions - including adding a zipper! It's a very fitted dress, and the only way in or out is over the head... Yikes!)

We attended a homeschool sale yesterday, and we took LOTS of curriculum & workbooks to help clean out our shelves for the next school year... but found to our dismay that people were summer shopping, not school year shopping. We brought home nearly everything we took with us. I'm hoping to get it inventoried over the next few days and post stuff up on vegsource, ebay, and sellhomeschoolbooks.com - we have entirely more textbooks and workbooks than any co-op needs, much less a family! LOL

I don't remember if I posted about hitting the auction barn last week to see about getting a calf or two to replace Lucy... talk about a place of chaos! It was insane! I think we're going to hit the local ads, craigslist, etc, to find calves. It's got to be easier than the auction barn. The auctioneer would be taking bids on a cow, they'd send that one through and another one would be in the pen, and a third one would be coming in while he finished up the first. How is a person supposed to figure out what they're bidding on? Good gravy!

Last night was Sit & Stitch - I definitely enjoy Tuesday evenings. It's so much fun to spend time with friends... I told the story of our Colorado trip from a few years ago, and had the ladies laughing... I'll have to put that in print on here one of these days. It's definitely entertaining!

I've been informed that it's time to make more coffee... and I haven't even finished my first cup, OR my homemade biscuits that are sitting here getting colder on my plate. I did manage to get today's school work printed and handed out to everyone... that's an accomplishment, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment