Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The days are flying...

It's Tuesday already... the week is already beginning to blur a bit. A dear friend (Thank you, Lana!!) came over yesterday and helped keep me on task with sorting things in Zachary's room to help initiate "The Great Room Switch." Yes, it totally needs a grand name, because it's definitely turning into an event. We were able to get the beds taken apart in his room, empty almost all of his stuff out of his room, move most of Victoria's stuff into his room, a-a-a-a-nd that's about where my energy level ended... oops. Even another cup of coffee didn't help.

I attempted to head to bed early... went into the bathroom and discovered a scorpion in the tub Ick! Yuck! I hate bugs... spiders... insects... pretty much any creepy crawly. I managed to hold myself together (without Andrew here to be the man & kill it for me). I grabbed a jar from the kitchen, captured the scorpion, stuck a lid on the jar, and now I'm waiting for him to die I turned to take care of business, and a darned spider had spun a web from my toilet to the wall... no, it had not been that long since I'd utilized the facilities previously, so SERIOUSLY! He met with a much quicker demise... squished & flushed. But after all those heebie jeebies, I had the worst time trying to fall asleep

Today we worked some more in the rooms... well... a little bit, anyhow. Then I headed into town to run errands before Sit & Stitch, which I ended up skipping anyhow... oops. On the way home, we could tell there was a huge fire going on in Magnolia. There were two news helicopters, lots of fire trucks, a helicopter with a huge bag of water that he was filling and dumping... the news at 6:30 said over 60 acres had burned, 10 homes were in imminent danger, along with several businesses. Yikes! I'll be watching the news again tonight to find out more...

A perk today was getting the electric bill. I know - not a typical perk. But it was over $100 less this month than last month... so it really was a happy thing!

I picked up some scrubs for Jessica - only one had a floral print, but the others were at least a different design & color than what she received as uniforms, and I know she's been wanting to add some color to her life. I took some pictures and will have to post them. She seemed happy when I talked to her on the phone... I picked them up at the thrift store - shirts were $1.91, pants were $1.41, and the sets were $4.94 - so if there's something she doesn't like, I'll probably just let her see if someone else in her class wants it.

I guess the only other excitement in the last couple of days has been that there's apparently some sort of short in my car? This afternoon, when I stepped on the brake, the radio turned off... when I pressed on the gas, the radio started playing again. Weird. I haven't told Andrew yet... waiting for him to call me back. It's definitely never boring around here!

I'm heading to the kitchen to cook the rest of the chicken that's in the fridge - hope everyone has a splendid evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment