Sunday, July 25, 2010

going... going... gone!

The suburban sold today - hooray! It's out of the driveway and on it's way to a new home on a deer lease! Andrew also traded out the Trek bicycle today for some "manly" type toys (stuff for hunting... boys will be boys and all that jazz, eh?). Now to see about selling the Cannnondale bicycle for actual money. That would be a happy thing! LOL

I did some grocery shopping this morning - love the new update on the Grocery IQ app on my iPhone. I hadn't used it in ages, but decided to try it again today, and am absolutely thrilled that you can scan the grocery items in, add the price for the store that you're in, and it keeps track of your grocery total as you go. An absolutely wonderful app for keeping within your grocery budget. I will definitely be putting it to use more often now that they've made it easier to you. (It also means that I can scan items as we use them, and it'll automatically add it ot the grocery list - how cool is THAT?). Definite kudos to the creators of the Grocery IQ app for the updates. It's a happy thing!

There aren't very many good coupons in todays paper, unfortunately... there didn't seem to be much in the way of good sales, either. I did see that Kohl's has Fiesta Ware on sale, though. I'm thinking that maybe next year if I get one place setting per month and tuck it away, then I'll have a 12 place setting set by Christmas. That would be a neat gift for our house.

The kids are getting somewhat annoyed with me - I've already started harassing them about what they want for Christmas this year. Don't they understand that I've only got a few more months to get all of the shopping done? It's creeping up on me! Normally I at least have a plan by April, but it's almost August, and I'm not even out of the starting block! Yikes!

We did pick up the new bull from the butcher the other day, and the gentleman commented that it was VERY tender, and that we'd definitely enjoy it. I took some round steak out of the freezer to cook for lunch tomorrow, so I'll definitely have to give a report on how yummy it is. If the guy who butchers animals for a living says it's good meat, it's gotta REALLY be good, right?

We did head down to the Westheimer area yesterday. There was a nifty Vegan restaurant that we checked out with a friend of ours... it's called The Loving Hut - and while not everything was great, the Golden Vermicelli was absolutely delightful. Whoever brings in their Carrot Cake has a good recipe, too. It was very yummy! (The Wonton Harmony was definitely NOT a highlight dish, in our opinion... the insides of the wontons were very pasty, and texturally unappealing ).

I was glad to have a chance to pop into Whole Foods Market while I was in the area, too. I don't make it there more than once every other year or so... the drive is just killer, and traffic in that area can be a real booger, too. I was able to pick up some all-purpose gluten free flour to try out a pizza crust recipe. I also  picked up some agave syrup, and chaste berry - both items that have been on my list but hadn't purchased.

I was able to get some crocheting done on the road today, and we began listening to a new audio book - The Quickie by James Patterson. We're a little over halfway through with it, I think. We finished Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich this past week... I'm always sad when I finish one of her books - they're so much fun to read!

We've been checking out some of the new television shows that are out this summer... The Glades looks interesting, as does Covert Affairs. We're still watching Lie To Me, Leverage, Psych, Eureka, The Closer, Hell's Kitchen, Cake Boss, Burn Notice, and Top Chef. I think we're kind of outgrowing Psych and Eureka, but they're good to record and watch later as a wind down at the end of the day when there's nothing else to watch. Are there any shows that y'all are watching that are good? We'd love to know about  them....

Time to start heading to bed - we're tuckered out tonight! Y'all sleep well!

1 comment:

  1. pushing up daisy's !!! it's funny, suspenseful available on netflix <3

    ReplyDelete