Thursday, August 19, 2010

The merry-go-round keeps spinning! LOL

As usual, life is busy... the adorable little Brittany Spaniel has gone to her new home, and her new family seems absolutely thrilled to have her as part of their lives. I'm so glad that she healed up so well, and was able to move on with her life... she was a total sweetie!

I've been working on crafts for Christmas. I've knitted several dishcloths for my mother-in-law for Christmas. She likes to use the hand-knitted ones, so I made it my goal to learn how to knit this year. I'm completely excited to get to give her some that I made myself! I also need to start checking out new candle smells and get cracking on making some more soy candles to sell this winter. They make such great Christmas gifts, and I usually sell about 40 of them through the winter. I'll also knit some scarves, and probably crochet several things. I have a couple of quilts lined up to sew, and need to get off my rear and working on those, too. Brittani's still waiting on me to make her dress, and I need to make Trae's clothes for the Renaissance Festival. He'll be working there on the weekends in October & November this year. He's totally excited. He'll be able to sock some money away, take Driver's Ed, and pay for at least 6 months worth of insurance... and a Driver's License will make it a little easier to get a job, too. That's what we're hoping for, anyhow. I know he's ready to be self-sufficient.

This week we picked up a lot more bread than normal, and it's enabled us to pass along bread to 21 families so far, and have more lined up over the next couple of days. I'm so completely excited to be able to help so many people...

I'm hunting for something called "sleep phones" - a good friend of mine owns them, and they're  positively wonderful! Headphones that are comfortable enough to sleep in! Can you imagine? It sounds completely divine to be able to listen to some nice, soft music while trying to fall asleep... and not have my husband sit & complain, no matter how soft the music is. Grumpy Old Man. LOL

We have a new Donkey, too. He's a noisy thing, but he's sweet... you can walk up and pet him and love on him, and he'll eat right out of your hands. He's louder than the roosters in the morning, though.

We've started back to our school work, and I'm enjoying getting back into our routine. It seems like things get so busy around here, and even without school our life gets insane, so adding at least a little routine to our crazy lives is a happy thing.

Do you ever feel like life is breezing by at an entirely faster pace than it's supposed to? It's as though for every year older that I get, that many days are missing from the year... and the year is vanishing faster than I can keep track of. I started asking the kids in April to start thinking about next Christmas, and they look at me like I've grown another head. Now it's August, and Christmas is sneaking up faster than it should be, and I haven't really started on their Christmas at all... which is HIGHLY unusual. Goodness Gracious!

I think it's time for me to head to bed... I'm tired this evening, and tomorrow starts early. I'll finally get this tooth fixed that I cracked a couple of weeks ago. That's definitely a happy thing! It's bothering me more & more every day, so I'll definitely be glad to have it fixed. Hope everyone is doing well... good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment