Sunday, November 28, 2010

November is drawing to a close....

I'm not entirely sure where this month has vanished to. I did complete bartending school, and have my TABC certificate... and a "gig" lined up for New Years Eve - which is TOTALLY swell! I'm so excited! Trae turned 19 years old a couple of days ago, we celebrated 3 Thanksgiving Day's, I sprained my ankle (which I haven't given a chance to heal), I baked positively LOADS of yummy desserts.... (posted my Sopapilla Cheesecake recipe a short bit ago - you seriously have to try it - it's completely yummy!).

It's time to finish up Christmas shopping... I'm almost done, I think. Just a few more specific items to get... and I also still have to sew their Christmas Sleep Pants (something I started doing a few years ago - it ensures that they get some nice fleece pajama bottoms that they really like and no one else will have ) I picked up some fleece remnants to make a quilt for Jessica, too... 

Trae & Jessica are officially signed up for Job Corps - Trae is going in for HVAC training, and Jessica will learn to be a Medical Transcriptionist. They'll live on campus in San Marcos for the duration of their vocational training, and Job Corps will assist them with job placement and finding living quarters when they graduate from the program. They're both completely excited! I'm thrilled that they have such a neat opportunity, too.

I actually went out to the Black Friday sales... not much, really. Some jeans from Walmart ($8 instead of $20), and the Ninja Prep Master from Target for $28 instead of $50. (I made Pina Colada's with it last night... it definitely does a splendid job of turning ice cubes into snow... I still have a few more "tests" to run it through, but so far - I'm a happy camper about it!)

I've started working on rearranging my kitchen, too... I know, I know... I picked a fine time of the year to do that, didn't I? It wasn't intentional... it started out with "this would work better here..." and just ballooned from there  

I think we're finally getting used to the time change, too... that's probably one of the biggest challenges that I face every year. I definitely don't like losing the daylight so early in the evenings... I know it wreaks havoc with Andrew being able to get anything done outside after work, too.

OH! Another product review... a friend of mine introduced me to sleepphones - ear phones that are flat and tucked inside a fleece headband... I can now listen to music to fall asleep, and Andrew can't hear it! They're soft, comfortable, and keep my ears warm at night It's a happy thing all around! LOL I picked up the "old" model on eBay for about $18 shipped. The new ones run near $60 - so I'm just peachy to have the old ones.

I guess that's it for this evening... time to get started prepping for Andrew's breakfast and lunch for work this week. I try to get a few different meals put together on Sunday evenings, so that he's not having the same thing day after day... and it's not sandwiches... I also make some of those little sausage patties, put them in slider buns with cheese, and he eats those on his way to work for breakfast. They're easy, portable, hot, and filling... which makes for a happy husband I usually try to tuck some yummy snacks like pretzels and pistachios or other munchies that he likes... I think there might be one or two slices of poppyseed-pumpkin pie in the fridge for this week, too. (A winning recipe that I should definitely post - he's a VERY happy camper with the invention... now I just need to figure out where to buy more poppyseed... I only have enough for one more pie ). 

Heading to the kitchen... the heart of our home :-)
Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment