Friday, September 24, 2010

It's a Friday! Another week has flown by...

It's Friday again... the end of another busy week... is it because I'm older that the weeks seem to fly past more quickly each year? I don't remember the days going by quite so fast when I was in elementary school. How odd...


For my friends who follow the Groupon coupon website, I've found another site that is up and coming, and slated to be just as fantabulous! (Yes - that's a word... now.) The new site is GetGrouby - you have GOT to check it out! The offer today looks positively SCRUMPTIOUS! Of course, I do like cupcakes... possibly a little too much... But here's a blurb from their website about the nifty cupcake truck that I had NO IDEA was in the Houston area!


"Not yet a year old, the mighty Mmm… Cupcake truck is the brainchild of an aspiring cake designer and a former restaurant owner-turned-engineer.  Every day, their mobile beacon of moist, frosted satisfaction sets out with a truckload of delicious, home-made cupcakes and sells them around town until they’re all gone.  From downtown to Rice Village to the Washington Strip, even rare excursions to Sugar Land and the Woodlands, Mmm… Cupcake keeps its location as fresh as its cupcakes!  You’ll have to follow the truck on Facebook orTwitter to see where it will be today."


Of course, I don't expect to see the truck sneaking out here to the dirt roads of the boonies where I reside, but I will absolutely have to check its whereabouts when I'm heading to town...it's entirely possible that I might be able to cross paths with it. (I can certainly hope, can't I?)


Speaking of cupcakes...  which leads to cakes... which leads to cake balls... I was at this adorable bakery down in League City last week, thanks to a wonderful friend who lives down there. It was called Sweets Galore - and the two ladies in there are from New York, and just have the most fabulous cake balls, cheese cakes, cannolis, and other yummy foods... it was like heaven in a display case! There were soooo many flavors of cake balls to choose from, and they were happy to share some samples to help with the decision making process. I couldn't possibly choose a favorite... everything from key lime to red velvet to pumpkin or german chocolate... and just loads of flavors in between! They were almost the size of a homemade cupcake, and I absolutely advise getting one of every flavor and have a tasting party. It's the ONLY way to choose your own favorite without being an absolute glutton (which would be an incredibly yummy thing to do, too... but that's just my opinion! You're more than welcome to eat them yourself ). There's no truck to chase down, either... their shop is easy to find and won't move on you. You can even call in special requests... they are THAT awesome! Check them out!


Can you tell I'm in a baking mood? and have sweets on the brain? It must be the phase of the moon... that's the excuse I'm going with. I think tomorrow after I take Trae to the Renaissance Festival for his training session, and then finish updating Rebecca's website, I will absolutely have to hit the kitchen for some baking time. Brittani's been asking for chocolate chip cookies, although I suspect that she's hankering for the dough more than the cookies... and I could totally go for some pumpkin cookies and pumpkin cupcakes. I'm thinking about trying a cream cheese filling and frosting for the cupcakes this year. The cupcakes come out so incredibly moist, though... I did try a homemade vanilla cupcake recipe last week that was fairly good. Reminded me of a "decent" wedding cake. I'm still on a quest to find a "GREAT" cupcake recipe, although I might have to experiment and create it myself at the rate that the search is going. I did pick up plenty of marshmallows and powdered sugar to make my own fondant, though! How fun will that be? 


It's just after 9pm here, and I think it's time to start settling down for the evening. Andrew had a tooth pulled out today, and the beginning of an implant put it - I took pictures... I'm just creepy like that, I guess. That would be a fun scrapbook page, don't you think? LOL It would at least be a very unusual one... perhaps I should design some dental scrapbook paper... hmmm.... 


Well, y'all have a great night, and a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Cool thing about the cupcakes.. Didn't know about that even though I live here near Houston.. Will have to keep track on FB and see if I ever catch the van close to us..... love the reads...thanks and you have a Happy Weekend too,........

    ReplyDelete