Monday, September 27, 2010

Lazy Enchiladas

This is one of our favorite family recipes. Followed like this, it fits in a 9X13 pan. It works better if you double it & use a lasagna pan. For our family of 7, I quadruple it and use TWO lasagna pans. For potlucks, I multiply by 6 and use 3 lasagna pans. (There are never leftovers).


This recipe came from Linda Bockholt - one of my husband's aunts. She passed it along to me before she passed away, and I always think of her when I make it. The finished product is as wonderful as she was.
Lazy Enchiladas

1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 packet powdered enchilada sauce mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 can ro-tel
6 to 10 tortillas
2 1/2 cups grated cheese

Brown beef & onion in pan - drain fat.
Add soup, tomato sauce, enchilada mix,
water, and Ro-Tel
Simmer 15 to 20 minutes
Spray 9 X 13 pan with pam or like product
Tear tortillas in pieces, and layer in pan
(tortillas, meat sauce, cheese, more tortillas, meat sauce)
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle cheese on top & bake 5 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment