Thursday, September 23, 2010

One of those weeks...

It's been an eventful week around here. Andrew was officially notified that he's a victim of "restructuring" and "work force reduction" at Hewlett-Packard. That was Monday... lovely Monday, right? Then yesterday, Wednesday, the Toyota Camry died on the way home... we think it's the timing belt, but we're not positive yet. Hopefully we'll get it figured out this evening... or at least get one of the other vehicles running. If he gets the Samurai up and running, I'll have to run to Anderson and get Tags for it, and probably get it inspected - I'm sure that's expired, too.

In the meantime, Andrew's putting his resume out there in as many places as possible. I'm definitely hoping he can find something else internally with HP, otherwise we lose our health benefits, and he's stuck in a job where he's a "peon" (which is never fun. I've even been looking at job advertisements for myself... trying to get an idea of what's out there, and what it pays... I haven't worked in 16 years, so will have to figure out a wardrobe again. I'm not the size 10-12 that I was back then

Victoria applied for a job at Chick-Fil-A. She was called for a 1st and 2nd interview, but then never heard from them. She's totally bummed. She really wanted that job. Trae's been hired for the Renaissance Festival, so he has a job weekends during October/November. He'll be able to put some money away and get his drivers license and insurance, and then he'll be able to get a "real" job. Jessica's waiting to be 18 so that she can go sign on with one of the temp agencies... her typing skills are definitely good, as are her writing skills... but at the very least, she'd do well on a data entry job.

I'm running late on getting ready for Christmas, and that's definitely detrimental this year, because things will be very slim if Andrew's job situation doesn't get resolved soon. I only budget $100 per kid anyhow, but there are 5 of them, and then there are the extended family gifts... fortunately I've shopped for the neices/nephews... so those gifts are done. That's a happy thing. :-)

Well, the afternoon is slinking away from me, and I promised to do some baking... Andrew popped over to Lana's earlier to pick up some of the freshest eggs on the planet for me. You have GOT to love fresh eggs... They are soooo yummy! Pumpkin cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and we'll see what else ends up on the menu... Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment