Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Catching up...

The puppy is acclimating to our house, although potty training is still slow going. He's definitely a little love bug... always seeking attention, and absolutely adores Andrew. He's a little piglet, though. He eats more than all three chihuahua's put together.

We're discussing going to the Drive In Theatre in Tomball tomorrow evening - they're having a 25th anniversary special of Back to the Future, and it's only $5 per carload - how cool is that? You can check them out at http://www.theshowboatdrivein.com

I finished a couple of knitted dishcloths and gave them to my mother in law... and I'm working on another one. I didn't take pictures before I gave them to her, though. Darn it. I keep meaning to take pictures of projects so that I can post them, but never seem to remember.

The weather is absolutely crazy today. It started out all hot & muggy & icky... around lunch time the wind suddenly picked up, and then we had almost a half inch of rain in under 10 minutes - it was absolutely crazy! It's supposed to continue raining for the rest of the afternoon, and still another 50% chance of rain tomorrow.

I've gotten my coke points entered for the week - I'm hoping that the mycokerewards.com website puts out the Schlitterbahn tickets again this year - we've so enjoyed getting to go the past couple of years.

I definitely need to post pictures of some of the stuff I've cooked over the past couple of weeks. There are so many great fresh vegetables that I've been able to work with - Andrew's mom is keeping me stocked, and we're loving it. I did an Asian-Inspired dish today of steamed rice with a meaty sauce with fresh onions, bell peppers, peas, and carrots in it. I rounded it out with a can of cream of chicken soup and some low-sodium soy sauce, added some sea-salt & garlic from the grinder, and it was absolutely divine.

Tonight is Sit & Stitch - I'll work on my current dishcloth some more, enjoy a dinner out with the ladies, turn in Zachary & Britt's school work to Angie, and just have a nice evening with friends. I totally look forward to Tuesday nights every week. :-)

Time to start getting myself ready - hope everyone has a fabulous evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment