Monday, June 28, 2010

It's a Monday!

So the morning started out nice... coffee, cream cheese on a toasted english muffin, watered the tomatoes and got the mail out, organized what curriculum I have to get rid of and what I want for the coming year, entered coke points, and checked some of the websites that I like to pop into on a daily basis.... fixed a VERY yummy lunch (if I do say so myself), and sat down to watch television with lunch when the rain started... and it wasn't just a light rain. It was a DOWNPOUR! It rained over 1 1/2 inches during the course of a couple of hours... the power flicked off and back on 4 or 5 times... and then it settled down to a light dreary rain.

Then later this evening I had put a pan of sliced potatoes with seasoning & cream of chicken soup into the toaster oven, while Victoria put some of the lunch leftovers into the microwave... and the plug blew. No more microwave or toaster oven on counter top. Rats! (The plug behind the refrigerator was taken out, too!). We quickly rearranged where things were plugged in, and got things back up & running... but it was definitely not a planned occurrence!

I've also been hassling trying to get my iPhone updated to the latest iOS - and that has NOT been an easy thing... I finally googled a bit, and found out that for the 3G, it's best to do a restore... so that's what I'm in the process of. Fun!

Other than that, I've obtained some extra gray hairs over the weekend. Zachary left to go ride his bicycle around 9am Sunday morning... around 10:30am, my husband called me on the cell phone and told me that Zachary hasn't come home yet. He set out in the pickup to look for him, I finished picking up groceries, picked the girls up from Sunday School, skipped the parents meeting that I was supposed to attend, and headed home to help look. I made a few phone calls to some friends to let them know what was going on, and to find out if they'd seen him... no luck. We were very nearly ready to call the police, when a friend called from in town (almost 15 miles away), and said they found him. Bear in mind that Zachary is 12 years old, has only ONE pedal on his bicycle (which makes it a PAIN to ride), and is only allowed to ride in a 1 1/2 mile area that we've previously designated. Holy Smokes~~ When asked what he was thinking, he replied that he wasn't.... um, yeah... that explains it. Sheeesh!

We've started watching a series called Cupcake Wars. It's interesting, and is giving me some baking ideas... which probably is NOT a good thing since I already like to bake and my waist & rear both show it. It's absolutely unfair that the bad side of cooking really yummy things and enjoying eating those really yummy things (no matter how nutritious, even), is that I gain weight. Shouldn't the exercise of chopping foods, and being on my feet in the kitchen help alleviate a LITTLE of it? Good grief!

We were able to go get free haircuts this past week - that was a total perk! It was at the SuperCuts training facility - and 4 of us were able to get in. They took our phone number so that we can be "used" when they do their new color product training later this summer, too! I'm totally excited!

We also finally took a HUGE quantity of curriculum and books up to the new homeschool store in the Woodlands - The Homeschool House - it's absolutely phenomenal! It's so well organized, and the woman who owns it is positively delightful! We were able to get a gift card to use in store in exchange for the things we brought in to her. We spent some of it that day, but I still have money left on the card, and lots more to bring her to sell. I'm so completely excited to have such a great resource available! She's fabulous!

Of course, the other free perk the past couple of weeks have been the free drinks from Taco Bell. We've been totally enjoying those! Even the kids have been enjoying them... 5 of us were able to have lunch and drinks at Taco Bell last week for $10.43 - it was a great treat made better since it was CHEAP! Gotta love that!

It's getting late, now... time to start settling down for the evening. I'll probably go watch the news and do a couple of facebook apps before heading to bed... hope everyone has a fabulous evening! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment