Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Busy Saturday... Like that's new?

We started the day off with scrambled eggs fresh from the yard, thick sliced peppered bacon, and homemade biscuits... an absolutely fabulous breakfast this morning before we got started on the day... Andrew helped level a corner at the SpecialTea Shop about a mile up the road, then he worked on building a new chicken coop. He was able to get the framework complete, and the side walls on... we'll be ready for more chickens soon! Hooray! (Have I mentioned how much I love fresh eggs? LOL)


 I ran Jess to frame shop in Tomball, stopped at walmart & kroger for groceries, picked up pizza to go for a late lunch for everybody. Had an hour to eat & relax when I got home, then we turned around & picked up both of our 16 foot trailers that a friend loaded and took them to the heavy trash day in Montgomery County. The trash was emptied off of them, and then we scavenged for "good" stuff (one man's trash...) and I came home with a pair of GREAT lawn chairs, a walker that is perfectly good & we'll take it to the senior citizen's home, some one inch ply wood (brand new & still strapped together), another Little Tikes toy box to use as a planter... I know there was more, but that's what stands out in my mind off hand.

When we got home, we had cereal for supper, played a couple of games of Wii Bowling while the kids ran through showers, and now it's time to chill for a bit before bedtime. (time change tonight - don't forget!)

It's definitely been a busy day, but I'm absolutely thrilled that we had BEAUTIFUL weather for it!! I'm seriously enjoying the sunshine and daytime temps in the upper 60's / low 70's. The nights are still pretty cool (in the 40's)... but I'm okay with that. I sleep better that way, actually. Windows open and blankets piled on! NICE!

I talked to the "head honcho" at the trash day, and explained that we have a couple of fellas who "renew" bicycles and donate them to kids who can use them but can't afford them, and he said that they probably had over a hundred bicycles come through today. He said he'd have the guys set them aside for us tomorrow, and that we can pick them up in the afternoon. How cool is that? The guys who fix the bikes are awesome - they'll combine pieces from different "trashed" bicycles, and remanufacture some nice bicycles out of all of the pieces. I just adore people that do things like that... it's awesome!

It's Spring Break this week for the public school kids, and my Vicki will be heading off to Mission Home with kids from the church. There's work to be done  up at Messiah's Ranch (the camp that our church uses), so the teens are heading up there to be productive and get things done. It's a good calling....

I'll be going through our Alpha Omega LifePac curriculum, and pulling out the grades that we've finished with... I'll sell some of them on Craigslist to help buy the Switched on Schoolhouse disks that we need. I'll also check with friends to see if anyone needs our SOS Health Quest and can trade for other SOS disks. That's always a nice way to save some money on curriculum... every little bit helps.

It's almost 10pm now, which means that if you take the time change into consideration, it's technically almost 11pm, so the morning is going to come earlier than I'd like... so I'm off to bed! Hope everyone is doing well! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment