Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dreary day outside...

It's a Tuesday... a very dreary Tuesday. I haven't seen the sun all day, and I've really enjoyed it's presence the last few days. Totally bummer!

Tonight is Sit & Stitch - I look forward to it every week. It's an absolute blast - a wonderful group of ladies who gather and knit, crochet, cross stitch, or whatever else they're working on at any given time. A few of us pop out and have dinner together before the gathering. We definitely enjoy it.

My Wii Fit gave me an age of 26 today  - not bad. I always hate the "stillness test" - I'm so totally not good at standing without any movement at all.

I received the new AOP catalog today. They have a new curriculum called Monarch. I'd love to check it out, but their website links aren't working for it. It's an online curriculum, and if it's any good, I'd be able to switch my 2 younger kids over to it instead of the TXVA that we're using. I'm really not enjoying the TXVA - we started it just a few weeks ago, and it's more annoying than anything. I'm consistently having to babysit what the kids are doing, and the whole purpose was to take myself OUT of the equation, not make MORE work for myself. I'm going to attempt to make it through the semester with it, but I'd love to see Alpha Omega's Monarch curriculum in action. I'll have 7th, 8th, 11th, and 12th grades to deal with next year, and I've really been trying to lessen my personal workload so that I'm really just "overseeing" their work. I was hoping that the TXVA for the two younger kids would be set up so that the teachers handled the teaching... but the teachers don't do much of anything other than send out emails that give us parents instructions. I didn't need someone telling me what they need to do - I wanted someone who would walk the students through doing their work. I'm definitely thinking it's time to go back to Alpha Omega in some capacity. I just have to choose which one.

I have an extra child here this week - since one of mine is off at camp, we're enjoying another one being here. Cass's birthday is tomorrow, though, and I'm surprised that it's okay with her to be here at our house instead of at hers for her birthday. It actually says a lot about what her home life must be like, and that makes me feel bad for her. I'm picking up ice cream tonight before I come home, and probably some other "birthday type" junk food to make tomorrow fun. I might make some fried chicken, homemade mashed potatoes, and maybe a "build-your-own-salad" to go with it. I know she likes salads and mashed potatoes, I'm assuming chicken is a good thing. Then ice cream for dessert. Hopefully that'll be a hit.

It's time for me to round up my stuff and get ready to leave for the evening. I hope everyone's week is shaping up well...
Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is Kristi Gesink and I work for the Homeschooling company Alpha Omega Publications. I noticed after reading through your blog that you are using our Switched on Schoolhouse curriculum to teach your children at home. We would like to say a big thank you for mentioning our curriculum on your blog and we would appreciate it very much if would turn that mention into an actual link to our website at http://www.aophomeschooling.com, that way your friends and readers can simply click on the link and find out more information about your great curriculum choice!

    If you have any questions please email me at tkgesink@mtcnet.net

    Thanks again and have a fantastic day!
    Kristi Gesink

    ReplyDelete