Sunday, March 21, 2010

busy weekend...

It's been a busy couple of days... we managed to bring home all of the 2X4's and  plywood from Teen Challenge last week... we managed to get the trailers emptied on Saturday. We unloaded a lot of the wood here at our house, and the rest we gifted to Fortuna's Garden & Bird Sanctuary. They'll use it to build more habitats for their rescues... we'll use it to build coops so that we can adopt/rescue more chickens. (I'm enjoying the fresh eggs from the few that we have, so it's reached "the more the merrier" level.

Andrew took the pickup, a trailer, and 3 of the kids to another gentleman's barn to finish cleaning it out... they brought home lots of scrap, and some fun stuff, too. One of the items that came home was a really neat double cobbler's anvil, and a wooden box filled with tacks. It's a really nifty antique, and we'll be posting it on etsy or somewhere later.

We also have some windows to sell - they're aluminum framed, never used... the store stickers are still attached. We'll upload pictures of those and post them on craigslist later. We'll probably post them for $50 for the trio.

Cassidy was with us nearly all week... she's such a dear! I love having her over, and I'm hoping she enjoyed her spring break at our house as much as we enjoyed having her here. It was positively delightful!

We picked up Vicki yesterday after her week at Mission Home, and I'm thrilled to have her back. She had a (mostly) good week... minor issues with one of the other girls, but it was resolved by the leaders. I'm just glad to have her home....

Tomorrow's Monday - the start of another busy week. I'm going to get new tires for the Toyota Camry, Vicki has a dr appointment scheduled for her foot on Tuesday before Sit & Stitch, Andrew has a dinner with the HP guys on Wednesday night... while he's there, Vicki & I will go fabric shopping so that I can make her a dress from the pattern that she picked out.... I think Thursday & Friday might actually be empty? I'm not positive... and I'm also not getting up to officially check the calendar right this minute LOL

I made some lightly breaded fried chicken and some nice buttered & seasoned corn for lunch... we're just having a lazy, snacky supper while watching a movie. I'll start back with biscuits again tomorrow morning after waking up a little late this morning. I know the kids will be thrilled... they're never impressed with me when I miss a morning LOL

Anyhow, back to the movie! Hope everyone's had a splendid weekend and stayed in out of the weather - it's been fiercely windy & cold all day - yuck! Apparently no one has informed Mother Nature that yesterday was the start of spring. Rats!

No comments:

Post a Comment