Sunday, March 14, 2010

The weekend is over...

It's Sunday evening, and we've made it through another busy weekend. Victoria was dropped off at church this evening to attend Mission Home. The group was headed out to Messiah's Ranch to get some work done. They're able to get a lot of things done during this week to prepare for the summer camp. They also have plenty of time to worship and just spend time with friends, but it's more work than anything. She looks forward to this week every year. We won't get her back until next Saturday... I'll miss my Vicki!

I picked up Cassidy this evening to come over and spend the night with Brittani - they're watching movies right now, and just enjoying each others company. They always have such a blast together!

I actually didn't make breakfast this morning. With the time change, I slept until 7:30, which was really 8:30, so we only had a half hour to get out the door... poor kiddos! I did filet some chicken breasts really thin, cook them in a little bit of EVOO, then cut them up and made Chef Salad's for lunch, so that was totally  yummy! It made for a good but light lunch.

Tomorrow will be a stay at home day (I think). We'll see what crops up. I know I have a couple of ebay packages to get out in the mail, and I have some things to list on craigslist for sale. Mostly kids clothes... so I'll try to have a productive day, and make biscuits and a good lunch to make up for today. (I know I have some asparagus in the fridge that I can steam, more chicken to cook, and maybe I'll do a nice rice pilaf to go with it... )

I'm watching the news this evening, and they're discussing a "Green Death" - apparently there are biodegradeable caskets (wood with no nails, bamboo, paper machet). Apparently we bury 200 million pounds of steel and 3.2 billion pounds of reinforced concrete every year - just in funerals. It's one of those things I've thought about in passing, but never really put lots of thought into it. The golden gate bridge could be rebuilt with that quantity of steel. Holy smokes!

Target has some good sales this week - I'll probably stop in & pick up a couple of the mens tshirts that are on sale for $4 - their tees are nice. I also need to pop into OfficeMax - they have a case of paper for $34.99 and you get back $35 in MaxPerks to use next month. That's definitely another bargain I can handle. Hobby Lobby has a 40% coupon again this week, too - so I'll try to sneak in and get a jump on Christmas. I also need to make it to walmart - apparently they have a bunch of the Bakugan stuff on clearance, and Zachary would love if I pick some up for his birthday. It'd be a great surprise for him.

We made it to 81 degrees today - very warm for this time of year... I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised, since we had snow before Christmas (completely unheard of!). Perhaps it's not that we have global warming - we have Season Shifting. LOL Who knows. Some scientist speculated that we have entered a 30 year mini-ice-age. Seriously? I don't think so.

I had intended to weed my toyboxes today - I have some little tikes toy boxes that we've gotten from the trash over the years, and I use them to "container garden" my green beans. I also have some pots that I use for my cherry tomatoes. The chore is getting put off until tomorrow, though. It's definitely time to start planting. I'm not going to try cucumbers this year. I haven't had much luck with them over the last few years, so I'm going to give up on them. I'm considering planting squash this year, though. We're not huge fans, but it does add a nice flavor when mixed with other veggies in a stir fry.

I did manage to finish crocheting another iPhone holder, today. It's a lovely color blend from Red Heart Yarn - called Cherry Chip. It worked into a cute argyle type pattern - I'm trying to decide what else to make with it, because the colors remind me of Chocolate Covered Cherries, and it's just such a happy color blend. Maybe I'll make legwarmers... I don't know.

I'll be utilizing a friends succotash recipe for easter. My Vegan sister-in-law is coming down from Alaska, and I think she'll like it. I need to play with it ahead of time so that I have it perfected. It'll make a good side dish for us with pretty much anything - steak, chicken, beef... so I'll definitely work it in. It's nice & healthy, too - which is a definite perk.

It's 9:30pm - and time to stop rambling. We'll be heading to bed shortly. I hope everyone's had a fabulous weekend and has a great week to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment